Thursday, May 5, 2011

Affixed

Wrote this one a while back during a time that was.....topsy turvy to say the least. It's dark, brooding and moody and short. I had put this to music awhile back but can't seem to find track. When I get time I will see if I can find it, or I will just re-envision it and record it again. Never opposed to working when I love the work.

Affixed


I sit affixed, hollowed by your words.
My soul reeling through the continuum, trapped neatly between your verbs.
Leave. No? Fine I'll walk.
I guess there is nothing left to say, no time to talk.

Your guess is as good as mine
as to where we went wrong
Of course they say only time
will heal, your face seems so morphed, so oblong

I reach out for closure but receive none
my hands fall short, so I shall wait affixed and stunned
to my position, slowly permanence develops
The world narrows, my body it envelops
Waiting hollow, for your sign, your gentle beckoning call.
Wonder encases me and I sit in awe
of what your lips could do to me
of how one last kiss would set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment